Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shooting at a Graveyard...!

Sounds creepy right?
Well not really, some graveyards in Bangalore are pretty good and really old, however getting permission with a camera there is really difficult. St. Peter's Cemetery is one of the oldest graveyards in Bangalore and when it comes to permission, well you are absolutely welcomed with your camera.

I found graveyards really interesting when you try to photograph them. Well everything looks the same, they are just graves, crosses and tombstones everywhere.

Graveyards get very dramatic at early morning with the sun rays hitting the graves at low angles and the bright yellow light coming through the trees, its a wonderful sight to the eyes.

Well I was there to take some snaps and I really wanted to take some good ones. Yes since it was my first time, I did a lot of mistakes and with an 18-55mm Canon Lens, was not so easy. Could have selected a better day, however with gray dark skies and no sun at all, I knew what was in store for that day.

I tried taking snaps with some life around the dead, specially with flowers growing around the grave. It really adds a lot of character to the picture, life along with the dead.

It was surprising that there were a few families living in the graveyard, and i happened to meet a little girl out there filling water and she was so perplexed looking at me with a camera.

One thing that was really annoying was dogs at the cemetery. There were like 10 dongs and they kept barking at each other looking at us. They definitely freak you out when the bark specially in a graveyard.

The next time I have a chance to visit one I would love to try some pictures with low exposure. Definitely cover more tomb stones and the greatest characteristics of a graveyard is to find very few symmetry and if any would love to capture it.

No comments:

Post a Comment