Sunday, December 30, 2012

Vietnamese Coffee

I love coffee, and it is a quintessential part of my life.  Whether I am stoopin' it, shouting my order down the street (in India) to the local coffee cart on the corner or enjoying a carefully prepared cup in an upscale coffee house... Coffee is meant to be savored and enjoyed to the max.

Vietnamese coffe is not for the rushy-rushy.  A single serving is brewed through a simple metal filter called a Phin, which takes a good 5-10 minutes to produce a cup.  The filter is fitted over the top of a cup or glass, the grounds are placed inside the filer, a small weighted piece is placed on top, and then hot water is ured into the chamber.


The experience is simply heavenly.  The secret, sweetened condensed milk instead of cream and suger... and I used to hate condensed milk before I had one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment