Thursday, September 22, 2011

Last day of Summer, 2011

I have been away for a while since I have been busy with a lot of shifting; a different place as well as a new job but yes in the midst have had a chance to spend some time on photography - more updates later.

Interestingly while driving down to work I happened to notice the date and I realized that its almost the last day of summer.  Remembering my school days where I studied that the sun's illusionary path in the sky is right over the equator and that marks the end of summer, seasons change in the northern and southern hemisphere and the days get shorter.  Well back in India day's didn't get that short but yes the change in the US is sudden and the days tend to get noticeably shorter.

Looking forward to the autumn equinox and here's something to mark the end of summer 2011.  
Brilliant dark grey skies, beautiful weather, plenty of sunshine and a traffic jam to realize its the last day of summer.

By the way the summer ends on September 23 at 5:05 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment