Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mangalore - Day 1

Splashing water, carrying my tripod in one hand and avoiding people on the way (my tripod can cause serious injuries), reached KSRTC Bus Stand.

Called up Sindhur.
Sindhur: I am the one with a red bag!.
Me: (Yeah... right!)
Sindhur: "Hey Vandan, how are you? So which bus are we boarding!"
Me: (Some questions that I always want to avoid.) Let me check where Danny is?

{SMS Conversation}
Me: dude, you have tickets?
Danny: No!
Me: Moron :)

Me:"Ok, Danny is on his way, he has the bus details!"

Danny: Vandan which bus you want to go in, pick and choose!
Me: Yeah, Right!
Danny: Guru, Mangalore ke ticket beku!
Conductor: Haan, e bus Mangalore hogtini!

3:00 AM
Danny walking towards the driver, turns back and goes back to sleep! (Danny, you were going to be awake all night!!!)
Danny: Bugger is drifting on the Ghats man, and there is no road! I will pee in Mangalore!

6:30 AM
Reached Mangalore, High humidity, beautiful red skies and a strong urge to pee!
Sindhur: So what hotel have we booked!
Danny: Lets check first Poonja International!

7:15 AM at Poonja International Hotel
Danny: I have a booking here, Vinod!
Receptionist: Please fill the form sir!
Me: Danny, you had a booking?
Danny: L O L

7:25 AM hit the bed at room number 508!
(click)
Danny: Dude click a few portraits for my Matrimonial!
Me: (MY PLEASURE!)
Danny

After a lot of conversation between Danny & Sindhur (I was sleepy)
Sindhur: So we take a cab and go around Mangalore!
Danny: We will go to Tanir Bavi!

9:30 AM at the taxi stand!
Taxi Driver: 4 hours 500 Rupees!
Danny: OK! What places!
Taxi Driver: (Well I cant remember all the names, but he promised to show us all the temples in Mangalore)
Danny: OK! Lets go!

10:00 AM - Shiva Temple
Sleeping!
Sindhur: Is photography allowed inside?
Me: You click!
Danny: Good shot man!
Sleeping!

11:00 AM - Kadri Temple
Sleeping - Coffee didn't help either
Sindhur: Nice place!
Danny: Ya man, lets get on top of that building!
Kadri Temple at Mangalore
Me: Dude, here all gods also have Six Packs, forget the poojaris!!!
Danny: What did we do in life Vandan! Every good girl here is with some guy!
(Yes, I agree; Mangalore girls are really good looking!)
Sleeping!

12:00 AM - Some Krishna Temple
Danny: Dude, that was my shot! I was thinking the same!
Me: :)
Danny: fucking, water is too cold!
Me: Danny take some underwater shots!
Danny: Dude, don't miss that shot!
...
Danny: You got the shot!
Solitude
Danny: Get some land, and build a house like this!

1:00 PM - Kudla Restaurant!
Me: Fish Tawa Fry, Pomfret Curry, Neer Dosa
Danny: Chicken Tawa Fry, Prawn Curry, Neer Dosa
Sindhur: Fish Tawa Fry, Boild Rice
Danny: Man this fish is dipped in Ghee and fried!
Me: One more Fish Tawa Fry!
Danny: 2 Plate Neer dosa!

3:00 PM - Outside Kudla Restaurant
Me: Lets walk to the hotel! Its pretty near!
Sindhur: Yes! It will help us digest!
Danny: hmm!

5 minutes of walking!
Danny: Lets ask this auto fellow man!

3:15 PM - Poonja International!
Me: I'll catch up with sleep for an hour!
Danny: Me too!
Sindhur: ......OK!

5:00 PM - Fuck its late to get at the Beach!
Me: Danny, wake up man!
Danny: You get ready!

5:30 PM - Palumbore Beach!
Sindhur: Did you see her!
Me: Yes, I did!
Danny: Whom did both of you see?

6:00 PM - Palumbore Beach, screwed up Sunset!
Danny: Lets do some candid photography!
Me: OK
Danny: Give me your lens!
Me: What am I going to shoot with!
Danny: Here take my 400mm Prime!
Me: Yeah, Right! I will take macros of people around!
Seashore Evening
Danny: See!
Sindhur: See, I told you she was awesome!
(Danny, send us the picture!)
Me: Dude! Lets ask her for a photo shoot for i*i*o iFreshFace.

7:00 PM - figuring out a way back to Poonja International
Danny: She is also beautiful man! But she is married?
(Short hair, green dress)
Me: huh?
Sindhur: :))))))

7:30 PM - Bus ride back to Mangalore KSRTC from Pulambore Beach!
(Sunil Stories)
The girl also shared the same bus but not the seat! So a lot of back exercises were being followed on the way back!

8:00 PM - KSRTC Busstand!
Danny: Lets walk!
Me: Lets ask that auto!

Sindhur: Poonja International!
Me: Yeshtu?
Auto: Meter Sir!
Danny & Me: Startled! WOW!
On MG Road, Mangalore
Danny: We should have such buildings in Bangalore. Looks like some kalyan mantapa!
Auto: No Sir! This is ******** (I dont remember) and has an art gallery too!
Danny, Sindhur & Me: Startled!
(At Poonja International Hotel)
Me: Lets ask him to pick us up for the Kadri Kambala!
Danny: Yeah! Sir, can you take us tomorrow to Kadri Kambala for the buffalo race?
Auto: What time?
Sindhur: 6 AM
Auto: Okie! Any contact number!
Me: Yeah, give me yours I will give you a missed call!
Auto: 97********
Me: Cool!

8:30 PM - Poonja International Bar!
Danny: This is the only reason I wanted to stay in the Hotel! They have an amazing BAR!
Sindhur: You guys carry on, I will have dinner and sleep!
Me: I will join you Danny!
Danny: Sindhur, come man, what will you do sleeping!
Sindhur: But, I have ordered Dinner!
Danny: Tell them, to get it when you call them again!

11:45 PM - Back to room no. 508
Danny: I will have curd rice!
Me: Me too!
Sindhur: I will ask them to get my Veg Thali!

Room Service: Sir you Veg Thali... Only the rice has gone cold since we had it prepared earlier only.
Sindhur: Oh! Ok!

Danny: Curd Rice is fucking cold! (5 pegs of Old Monk Rum)
Sindhur: This rice is not Cold, its DRY!

Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Its like a Flash back of our fellowship & fun
    Rewind of all that's crazy,funny & exciting
    i njoyed reading..Sin

    ReplyDelete